Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How DO I???...

Go down

How DO I???... Empty How DO I???...

Post  Ritz Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:11 am

How Do I?.......

Q:How do I use a picture on chiller Zone?
A: Firstly, ensure that its on the internet somewhere. If its not already, photobuckets a good place to put it. Then, use the img button in the post topic to do it, type the url, then push the img button again, eg.
Code:
How DO I???... Url

Alternatively, our forum now has a built in image upload facility - on the post reply form (NOT the quick reply one) click add image to post, just below the text box. Follow the prompts and it adds all the necessary code.

Q:How do I change my user name?
A:In general we do not allow people to change their usernames. There are, however, a few situations where we might do it.
1. You accidentally made a typo when registering and want to correct it soon after joining and the correctly spelled name is available.
2. You have a good reason why it needs to be changed.
If you username is changed you should inform the community of the change by including your old username in the 'about me' section of your profile.
Also, you may only change your username once so make sure you pick one that you'll be happy with for years to come.

Q:How do I format my text in a post?
There are three ways to do it. Using the buttons at the top of the post box,
using bbcode manually, and using HTML. We will not offer help in learning bbCode or HTML, however, we will direct you to this resource although you must bear in mind that some bbCode aspects may not work on this forum. This is beyond our control. Also note that we have only enabled certain parts of HTML.

Q:Why do some posts appear as code?
A:Some people write in HTML rather than bbcode. I for one find it much easier. However, by default, the forum leaves HTML turned OFF. This means it displays as code instead. To avoid these posts being broken, turn on HTML in your profile.

Q: What is the disciplinary procedure?
A:This of course depends upon the severity of what you've done, but the general rule is three strikes you're out. We've never had to do it yet, and hopefully it will stay that way Smile

Q:Do you have a chatroom?
Indeed we do!! Find out about it here. Also note that all problems with it should be asked there too.

Q:What do I need to do to become a moderator?
A:The following are desirable qualities in a potential moderator:
1. Has a calm personality that does not immediately react without thinking.
2. Knows how to 'moderate' when/if things get heated.
3. Is at least 18 years old.
4. Contributes regularly in posts, helping other members, etc.
5. Not having been punched or had an excessive number of posts deleted.
6. Anything else I forgot.

Q:I've got a question thats not answered here, what do I do?
A:First, try the FAQ at the top - we aren't gonna duplicate existing content!
Second, make sure its definitely not already in the Site Rules and Answers room. And if all else fails go to the site help room, and ask there.

Ritz
Admin

http://chillerzone.forumotion.com & www.theritz.tk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum